Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Losing weight...

Unfortunately this past year I let things slip when it came to weight. I kept my fitness level fairly high during the off season but lots of Skittles, Carmel (store bought and home made), strawberry whoppers and just general over eating and not watching my caloric intake led to my weight going north of 220 pounds.

With the race season just around the corner I started my weight loss back on January 4th weighing in around 220 pounds or so. As of this morning I weighed in at 203.4 pounds....so 5 weeks and 17 pounds lost so far.

Below is the graph showing the weight loss progression:






At my current rate of weight loss I should be back down to....what I consider race weight....in 4 weeks and if I can continue the weight loss I'll be down to 180 pounds in around 7 weeks.

To this point I haven't seen a loss in power and actually turned my best "Solo" time up Pumpkin Ridge ever yesterday with a time of 23:28. Last season I had to drop to my small ring in a few places for the best times...however now I'm able to big ring the climb the whole way with just a few instances of cross chaining (i.e. 53x23 or 53x26). The fact that I'm heavier than I was then, but turing in faster times tells me my power is better than last year especially at this time of the year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of time I can turn in next weekend at the Jack Frost Time Trial. I'll be happy with anything under 31 minutes (assuming good conditions) since they extended it to 14 miles this year, but would like something closer to 30 minutes flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment