Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mid month numbers...

Well it's the middle of April and I was just looking at my workouts for the month and thought I'd throw some mid month numbers on my blog:

Total ride time in April: 33 hours 52 minutes 13 seconds - 614 miles ridden
Total ride time in March: 55 hours 9 minutes 19 seconds - 967.54 miles ridden

At my current rate of riding, I may end up surpassing 60 hours on the bike this month. Last week I had 16.5 hours and 295 miles on the bike, coming off of a stage race...which is why I was so tired on Monday and probably why this week has been a bit sub par training wise.

I'll have a mild taper over the next two days leading into my first long ITT of the year at Estacada on Sunday. The weather looks to be perfect with temps possibly as high as 80 degrees...does it get any better than that for April in Oregon?

As for the team, Portland Velo is off to a great start this year in the Team Competition for Best All Around Rider/Team. For the first several weeks we were leading in Oregon, then dropped down to 4th overall...this week it looks like we got a bump back up to 2nd overall. It would be great to bring that one home in only the teams 3rd season...however, there is a very long season ahead of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment