Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm tired...

Last week was a hard week on the bike for me. I totaled just a little over 16.5 hours of ride time with some good Threshold work and some VO2 Max work....this all after racing a stage race last weekend.

My legs don't feel too bad overall...but I feel like I've slept half the day away, even though it's only 10:30 in the morning (I'm usually up around 6:30 every morning).

It's days like these that are enjoyable because I can ride just to ride, no goal other than to go easy and smell the spring air. The weather today look a bit hit and miss, so I'll probably take my single speed out for a ride since it's my bad weather bike and it makes sure I don't push too hard on the day.

The rest of the week is looking great weather wise with temps in the 60's and 70's...spring is here :)

My plan for the rest of the week is to put in a good 12-14 hour week and get out on my TT bike at least 3 times this week. My first long TT of the year is coming up on Sunday at the Estacada Time Trials. This will be a 20 mile out and back TT (10 out, 10 back) along a beautiful course just outside of Estacada, OR. Usually there is a wind on the road, but it's a swirling wind so it hits you from all directions.

Last year my best time was 48:00 flat and I'd like to run in the low 47's this year. It will be a good test of where my power is at for an hour compared to last year and my first test as a CAT 3 racer.

Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment