Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lots of riding...Not much racing

It's been a while since I've updated my blog, mostly because not a whole lot has been going on. I've basically been riding a lot trying to get ready for the Team Time Trial championships...that were unfortunately canceled not too long ago. Being my favorite race of the year I was a bit bummed to say the least about this happening, but I guess they had issues with permits and locations so there wasn't much they could do in the end.

The other change was that my position was cut at the end of June due to budget cuts...which means about all I've been doing since is riding and looking for work...which leaves a lot of time for riding.

My numbers for the month of July look like this:
  • Total hours on the bike: 71.5 hours
  • Total miles ridden: 1300.52 miles
  • Total TSS: 4201
  • Kilo joules of energy expended: 56844 kj

This was the most hours/miles I've ever ridden in a month and I'm actually not feeling too bad right now. After a few 17 hour weeks my legs are getting a great base in them and are recovering faster from the efforts.

My current schedule looks like this:

  • Monday: 4 hours on the bike with 4 good climbs (around 5500 feet of climbing) and 65-70 miles
  • Tuesday: 1.5 hour, 29 mile recovery ride
  • Wednesday: 4 hours on the bike with 4 good climbs (around 5500 feet of climbing) and 65-70 miles
  • Thursday: Off the bike
  • Friday: 1.5 hour, 30 mile recovery paced ride
  • Saturday: 4-5 hour group ride with some hard efforts at race pace
  • Sunday: 1.5 hour, 29 mile recovery ride

I'm going to continue with this schedule until I find a new job, which could be soon...or could be a while (the last time it took 11 months, so hopefully it won't take nearly that long this time).

If I can find the money I may do a stage race at the end of August since I have some really good fitness right now, just no money to go racing...so if my situation changes between now and then I may have something else to report on at the end of the month.

For now though...I see lots of riding in my future and lots of job hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment